Re: PIGMENT PRINTS

Bob,

The term "pigment print" can and has been used to describe a rather large
number of dichromate colloid processes, including carbon transfer, gum
bichromate and other direct carbon processes (Artigue, Fresson, etc.).
However, around the turn of the century the term "pigment print" was
usually used to designate a carbon transfer print made from a tissue that
used a colorant matter other than carbon black. I believe that the use of
the word with reference to Steichen means simply a carbon print.

Sandy King