Re: Negative Retouching and a Show Invitation!

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 06/08/00-05:18:49 PM Z

You said in your message...

>But in the time it took
>to do one negative that way (and don't forget odds are you're working on a
>4x5 !!!), you could learn how to scan and fix EVERY negative -- also,
>possibly do a double scan (as per that nifty polaroid) and get hold of
>EVERYTHING in the density.

You're right Judy, but if you're like me, you probably have that nagging
(and very realistic) fear that many of the digital skills we're learning
today will also be obsolete in a blink. It's just the nature of things.
In not too many years we'll be reminiscing about the old-fashioned method
of retouching images in Photoshop using the Clone tool.

For anyone in the Kansas City area, I have a show opening at the Michael
Cross Gallery this Saturday evening from 7-9:30 pm. All platinum prints
and everyone's invited. Hope to see you there if you can make it. I'll be
the tired-looking guy with a smile. Contact info below:

Michael Cross Gallery
527 W. 39th St.
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 753-0606