cc or ml?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 06/12/00-12:46:34 AM Z

Dear list mind:

I used to say and write "cc" for cubic centimeter, but somehow this list
has caused me to change to "ml", which seems the term of choice. Folks
have said the two are different, though can that be by very much?

Meanwhile, re-writing some old formulas, I changed all my "ccs" to "mls",
but it didn't feel right and I changed them back. Now I'm wondering, does
everybody know what a "cc" is? A "ml"? I suppose I should stick to one
or the other, because switching could *add* confusion, but I think it's
too late, that I have already waffled in print and online.

PS: Doesn't "cc" *sound* better than "ml"? That was my reason in the
first place: "ml" sounded like it should have "on the floss" after it.

thanks in advance for any & all advice...

Judy