Re: Re: Re: sun exposures vs. UV light

Smieglitz@aol.com
Date: 06/18/00-10:00:45 AM Z

In a message dated 06/18/2000 10:19:49, you wrote:

<<So, is the consensus that there should be no color variation from one light
source to another?>>

Heat can cause a color variation (or so I've read). Flattening a VDB in a
drymount press or drying with hot air apparently can shift the color more
neutral. So, if you are printing under a hot UV source, i.e., direct sun,
(and especially overexposing as you note) the contact frame/glass/print could
heat up enough to cause a color shift.

I've only noticed this effect a couple of times with prints coming from a
drymount press...a very slight shift. I think the major variation in color
has to do with humidity and paper choice, seen many times.

Joe