Re: Options for larger negatives

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 06/23/00-01:48:15 PM Z

> And I believe that I could send my negs to a pro-lab to have them
enlarged,
> but I seem to recall that the cost could be horrendous.
>
> I'd really appreciate some suggestions on how to proceed.
>
> David Nash

David,

I think before you answer the question about the economics, etc. you need to
answer the question regarding the long term requirement for the larger negs.

Whether you go the digital or analog route there is still a learning curve
and since you do large format already, the curve is likely to be larger on
the digital side.

The other side of that is there a is significant digital path that many on
this list have worn which may make the task less daunting.

As for cost, I think you can assume $20 for a digital 8X10 neg. Don't know
how that stacks up, but it seems you only need a film scanner to go digital.

Nick