Re: color of VanDyke/Longevity?

From: Gwen Walstrand (gwalstra@lib.drury.edu)
Date: 06/28/00-01:06:58 PM Z

>Gwen, if you've said this already, forgive me, it's summer time: How are
>you processing? How long do you wash AFTER exposing, BEFORE fixing? And
>how long is your "archival" post-fix wash? Have you tested the hypo
>clearing with Kodak HT-2 or equivalent? Also what about your iron
>clearing -- have you put a mask on an area that's coated with emulsion so
>it isn't exposed and checked how close to paper white it returns finally.?
>
>Oh, and which formula are you using? The one with tartaric or
>citric? (the citric is suspect, actually it's worse -- convicted.)
>
>Judy

Judy, No I didn't give all the processing details. Here's what I do:
process in running water at least 5 minutes before fixing, then use hypo
clearing agent and a final wash of about 40-50 minutes. I haven't tested
the hypo-clear. Should I? And my coated, masked areas are not paper white,
but close. Is that a problem, too? I'm using the tartaric acid formula.
Thanks for the help.
Gwen