Re: color of VanDyke/Longevity?

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 06/29/00-01:53:28 AM Z

Andre Fuhrmann wrote: (on VDB)
> That indicates a
> good deal of permanence, certainly more than I would expect from a
> well-processed baryta print.

..I beg to differ, I think this is probably too bold a statment: the
silver grains in VDB are much smaller than in a Baryta print (therethey
are actually more like clumps or fillaments). Smaller size means more
relative surface, so much easer to be attacked by the enviroment.. A sg
print can be made more "resistant" with a combination of mild selenium
and sulphide toning...

Btw did anybody try to gold tone a VDB..guess these gold toners would
bleach the image, but never tried it..

Best,

Cor