Re: color of VanDyke/Longevity?

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 06/29/00-01:58:33 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> Keith, the first I heard was from Mike Ware who said the extremely fine
> silver grains of VDB & I suppose kallitype, as well, would be more
> susceptible to damage, which was apparently why he invented argyrotype,
> about which we don't hear much these days.

..well AFAIK the resulting grains in Kallitype and Argyotype are
compairable, the difference is more in the used chemistry, which is
supposed to be not leaving behind components which will iniate fading,
which is the main problem with not correctly processed Kalliytypes..
Details can be found on Mike's web page, and also in the article of
Peter Marshall on Kallitypes, to be found on the B&S web page..

Best,

Cor