Re: Digital b/w negs

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Andy Darlow wrote:

> Hi Judy:
>
> You can start with Raffi imaging since you're in NYC.  They are on 46th
> Street between 5th and 6th Aves.  Their number is 719-2727.  They may have
> newer machines, but previously they could do up to 4x5 for about $40.  This
> is not LVT quality but it is close.
>
> One could also go to Polaroid's web site and find a service provider who
> uses the Pro Palette 8000(I think that's the name).

Andy, I was a little slow... didn't realize the *negative* is only 4x5. I
haven't had any negs made digitally yet (still hoping that when my brain
is ready to cooperate I'll get the Epson & make negs a la Burkholder
without banding), but I follow these discussions with great interest --
something should rub off or seep in. But wouldn't $40 for a 4x5 cost more
per inch than the $70 for an 8x10 cited yesterday?  (8x10 equals FOUR
4x5's???)

In any event, & however, I note Raffi -- another name besides Duggal &
Kinko.

Thanx,

Judy