Re: Digital negs and Platinum

> Speaking of making digital negs, has anyone ever used a film recorder to
>  make black and white negs? I have a Lasergraphics sitting around but all
>  the LUTs are of course for RGB.

KahHeng,

I also use Lasergraphics. Lasergraphics should have a film type for TMax 100.
If your machine doesn't have it, you could contact them or probably download
it from their Web site.

If for some reason, you can't get it, just know that the b/w exposure
basically just use the green channel, so you can use a slide film type, for
example, and turn down the red and blue exposure (some version doesn't allow
you to turn it to 0%, but it doesn't matter to have some red and blue
exposure).

>  Is there anything I should watch out for when making black and white negs
>  with it? (it is BTW both for slides and color negs)

Nothing in particular, but the curve is somehow "linearized," but the curve
of b/w paper is not truly linearize, so you might have to adjust the curve a
little yourself.

Dave Soemarko

*****     See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (SDC) prints at
*****     http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/