Re: Homemade paper and Luminos

Judy;

The clay is usually added to the paper fiber/water mixture during the
beating process so that it becomes suspended in the water and evenly
dispersed.  I do not know if you could coat your rough paper with a clay
mixture, but clay coated stock paper exists out there, only I think that the
manufacturers are rolling it on with some industrial devices.  To smooth
your paper out you could try misting it a bit and then sticking it in a dry
mount press between two very smooth boards or running it through the roller
of a manual lithography type printing press with the rollers set very close
together.  This should smooth down the surface a bit, but not to the extent
of store bought hot pressed paper.  Spray starch may also help lower the
surface roughness if followed by the hot press.  Experiment.  I know that
you love to do that.

Gary Miller