Re: Pyrocatechol

Dave,

Although Pyrocatechol is a staining developer it produces far less
oxidation by-products than PMK and for that reason is less likely to stain.
With the Pyrocat formula that was published in the last issue of Post
Factory I have experienced no staining with agitation intervals as long as
3 minutes.

The key to whether you really over developed the film in question would be
the contrast. The emulsion could have been fogged in a number of other ways.

Sandy King