Pyrocatechol

I'm wondering what the correct agitation is when using Pyrocatechol
developer. I bought the Formulary Windisch Pyro-Cat kit and developed 35
mm IR film for 12 minutes at 70 degrees F. Since it is a staining
developer, I worried about streaks and so used my normal PMK agitation
cycle. This is lift up and down and turn the film reel 4 half rotations
every 15 seconds. I think over developed so badly that I chemically
fogged the emulsion with the developer. Is this possible at 70 degrees
F? Also, how much developer am I supposed to use for 1 roll of 35 mm
film? I used 16 ounces of developer.

Thanks,
Dave