Re: staining in the center of a ziatype

Judy Seigel wrote:

> Wht "blurry" suggests to my mind is possibly not good contact, although
> how that would be related to drying, I dunno.

It's poor contact, Judy, and I *think* the connection is that if a sheet
isn't dried evenly, it will be dimensionally unstable during exposure.
The 'wet spots' actually move during exposure as the moisture
redistributes. If dryness is nice and even, everything stays put. The
quality of the print frame makes a difference. One of my private
workshop students brought his own 16x20 frame and we got sharp 11x14
prints from wrinkly sheets that my large frame would never have held
flat. Really big zia's are very difficult to get sharp with a
spring-back frame, though a vacuum frame eliminates the advantage of POP inspections.

---Carl
--
Workshop info and online galleries at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/