RE: fading Ware's cyanotypes

> With Herschel cyans we find it best to use cheap machine made =
> cartridge paper as contains more               acid and all sorts of =
> other crap. The cheaper and nastier the paper the better.

One of the most impressive cyanotypes I've seen was done on photographic
background paper, I think after it had got too dirty to use in the studio.
I seem to recall being told the sensitiser was applied from a bucket using
a large household broom.

It was a photogram rather than a photograph - there would have been
problems making a negative big enough.

Peter Marshall
Photography guide at About.com       http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com