Re: Rollo Pyro

Marty,

Congratulations on your return to photographic work.

Dumping the fix after rotary processing is just a precaution, you use so
little in a Jobo that it seems silly to save it. That said, I do
actually save and reuse if I'm going to do another run immediately. Bear
in mind that the fix is contaminated with pyro and needs to be handled
that way, gloves mandatory, etc.

You can use the blue channel of a color densitometer to get useful
readings of pyro negatives and I think this is covered in Gordon
Hutchings "Book of Pyro". I haven't done it, so I can't give specific
numbers to look for.

---Carl

--
Workshop info and online galleries at: