Re: paper for digital negatives

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Andre Fuhrmann wrote:

> Yes, Judy, vellum sounds right.  The Canson paper doesn't have a yellowish
> cast but I have seen some brands that do; perhaps the hue is also a
> function of aging.  Anyway, a slight cast should have no effect on the
> printing results.

Andre, would you tell us again what kind of printer you're using?  The HP?
I haven't bought that "new" printer yet because.... among other questions.
One problem I've had all along (among a bunch of new ones) printing waxed
paper negs from my LASER PRINTER is that, even waxed, the paper isn't
translucent enough for good re-register of the tricolor separations (which
is what I'm using the printer for). The vellum would almost certainly be
more translucent...

The "new" printer, BTW, has to be larger than 8-1/2 by 14 inches -- which
so far only the Epson seems to do at under $1000...