Re: Epson or HP for alt-phot ... ?

Good Questions Philippe,

Many of the newest injkets offer superb image quality so it gets down to
things like availability of archival inks, Postscript drivers, paper
handling and the like.

As for head failure, I've had three different "Photo" series Epsons and
have yet to encounter a head failure. My current Photo EX has printed at
least three thousand 8 X 10 images so it's had a good workout without any
problems (that sound in the background is me knocking on wood).

On the archival front, Epson's newest (870, 870DC, and 1270) models offer
ink/paper combinations that promise (according to Wilhelm) 25 years
before noticeable fading occurs. With aftermarket inks that are sure to
be available soon, you'll probably be able to do much better. Seems
Epson's market share dominance promises the widest selection of inks and
materials.

Another cool feature with these new Epsons is their roll paper holder
which lets you print an entire "roll" of borderless digital camera images
(with the 870DC model that has a slot for camera memory cards, you don't
even have to have your computer turned on).

Good luck making a decision!

Dan

You said in your message...