From: cweese@earthlink.net
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: Dassonville Charcoal black paper
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:27:58 -0500

Mac,

Were these contemporary prints, or work from the "Pictorialist" era at
the turn of the last century? At that time there were literally scores
of platinum papers in a wide range of tints and surfaces, from at least
half a dozen different manufacturers and "Dassonville Charcoal Black"
has the sound of one of these. Of course they've all been gone for
eighty years now. Palladio, when it's in production, is the only
manufactured Pt/Pd paper still in existence as far as I'm aware.

---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/