Re: Dassonville Charcoal black paper

Jamie,

The "Supreme" Bergger paper is an enlarging-speed material, not sure of
its actual makeup. The distinguishing features of the paper are that it
is on a very thick rich stock (from Arches) and there is no heavy baryta
layer so the emulsion seems to lie in, rather than on, the paper. This
gives it much of the look of hand-coated materials.

However, I've been told that a classic silver-chloride contact-speed
printing paper from Bergger is on the way and I plan to be testing it
for writeup in PT soon.---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/