RE: Tricolor gum print ( was Gum vs. Kallitype)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Andre Fuhrmann wrote:

> >Thanks!  The scan IS a little dark, but I think much of that "velvet" is in
> >the print.  I used Payne's gray, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, and Ivory Black.
>
> Hi Keith,
>
> I tried looking at you print but it wouldn't load -- pity.  Anyway, I think
> Judy meant Real Tricolor, i.e. yellow, magenta and cyan.  The cyan
> component is just off the range of any earthly approximation. -- Andre

Yes, thanks Andre -- I meant tricolor as in CMY or RGB... but anyway the
fella is putting us on -- he names 4 colors. That's quadricolor !

Some printers do RGB with other than the classic thalo, quinacridone &
yellow paints... & I have some thoughts about that, tho at present I find
the differences of order, strength, repeats and brushing out of areas more
than enough & just pray for control (or let's call it gifts)... Sometimes
I do add an area of actual earth color, but that's supposed to be a
refinement.

This incidentally is at present all from one monochrome neg -- "fake"
tricolor.

PS. to Keith: what brand ivory black are you using?  I'm still trying to
find one will work for me...

Judy