Re: Dichromate and the plate

> But, speaking of "halftone" negs, I've been getting the opposite:
> consistent staining with a particular neg in 3-color sep printed on my
> laser... very puzzling because 21-step on same paper came clear. FINALLY I
> printed 21-step & neg on one piece of paper,the first cleared, the second
> stained -- & at last the light dawned: That neg, tho it looked dense to
> the eye, had when you looked at it closely, plenty of spaces between the
> dots ------ aaaarrrrghhh !! (Now I'm going to try some sun-tan lotion on
> it.)

Just in case anyone else wants to try, Coppertone suntan lotion
(supposedly UV blocker) smeared on a paper neg made a JUST discernible
lighter area in the print. I'd tried filling in the too-thin background
with ink, marker, paint, & so forth, but the only thing (besides the sun
lotion) would spread on the WAXED paper neg was cell animation paint, and
that only with difficulty -- it gummed & or balled up. The Coppertone
spread nicely, but.... didn't work.

Clearly I have to upgrade my neg printing, or stick to last year's prints
with some allover tone. Tho maybe some blonds out there can recommend a
much STRONGER suntan lotion ?

Judy