Re: Dichromate and the plate

>>Judy wrote:>
> Just in case anyone else wants to try, Coppertone suntan lotion
> (supposedly UV blocker) smeared on a paper neg made a JUST discernible
> lighter area in the print. I'd tried filling in the too-thin background
> with ink, marker, paint, & so forth, but the only thing (besides the sun
> lotion) would spread on the WAXED paper neg was cell animation paint, and
> that only with difficulty -- it gummed & or balled up. The Coppertone
> spread nicely, but.... didn't work.
>
> Clearly I have to upgrade my neg printing, or stick to last year's prints
> with some allover tone. Tho maybe some blonds out there can recommend a
> much STRONGER suntan lotion ?

I thought you were twitting me with the mention of suntan lotion because of
my misconception about tanning making something tan but you really meant it!
What a great idea, like neococsine (sp?) to bring out soft highlights on
large format negatives. Too bad it didn't work but maybe, along the lines of
iodine mixed with baby oil where the orange blocks UV, you could apply a bit
of greasy rouge or powdery blush.

Sarah Van Keuren