Re: Dichromate and the plate

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Sarah Van Keuren wrote:

> I thought you were twitting me with the mention of suntan lotion because of
> my misconception about tanning making something tan but you really meant it!
> What a great idea, like neococsine (sp?) to bring out soft highlights on
> large format negatives. Too bad it didn't work but maybe, along the lines of
> iodine mixed with baby oil where the orange blocks UV, you could apply a bit
> of greasy rouge or powdery blush.

Actually, Gene Robkin had also suggested adding color to the Coppertone -
what worked wonderfully, went in easily and spread quite well was red
opaque.  The problem was it was VERY slow to dry on the waxed negative.
However, 24 hours later seems dry enough to expose (tho I can still rub
off with finger)... so I'll try it.  I don't think this is a great new
process, it's a kluge on top of a mistake... and the separation remaining
was the yellow, so am not sure that weakness of the "repair"(edge between
the opaqued & not opaqued parts) will show -- still it's done & better
than tearing up prints right off (put the yellow on and THEN tear up).

TBC...

Judy