Re: What to do in Paris?

For those planning to travel around Paris and the vicinity, the RATP offers a
website complete with maps, prices, travel info, and an English translation.
Although, on testing the English version I found it extremely confusing compared
to the French and I use the metro daily. The general site address is
http://www.ratp.fr

To go directly to the page I accessed, you will find the address below and can
type in point of departure and destination.
http://www.ratp.fr/cgi-bin/qri/

They indicate the quickest route to be by RER C from Saint-Michel Notre-Dame
Direction Versailles-Chantiers. You will need about 1hour15 minutes and need to
buy tickets that cost more than those for Paris city center at the entrance.
I would suggest buying a copy of " l'officiel des spectacles" which costs a mere
2FF and available in most newstands. Following the section covering
"expositions" you will find "expositions de photographies" listing current
exhibits and related information on how to get there, ticket price etc.
L'officiel comes out every Wednesday.

Bon voyage,

Lyzanne Gann