Re: Dichromate Hazards - Thanks!

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/01/00-01:55:48 PM Z

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Sarah Van Keuren wrote:
> Linda, I do sympathize with your concerns and actually advise people who
> live in rural situations like yours with a well and septic fields NOT to
> work in non-silver at home. For instance, a former student wanted to set up
> a non-silver darkroom in Martha's Vineyard and I strongly advised him
> against doing so in such a fragile environment.

There are companies (the name Terragreen comes to mind) that provide
systems and materials for managing effluent in septic tanks, or claim to.
I forget particulars, but maybe someone else knows more. I'd listed them
in first issue of P-F (linked from, as I recall Sprint Systems), later
heard doubts expressed. But surely worth looking into. This is 2 years
later. Maybe more better is out there now.

Judy