RE: "Spirits of Salts"

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/02/00-02:15:01 PM Z

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Randall Webb wrote:
> ... For Judy: We sent
> you a catalogue a few weeks ago and both signed it - thereby adding 25
> cents to its value. It must have gone via the Galapagos islands.

Randall, they ALL go by the Galapagos islands. But thanks in advance for
replacement. If both arrive I'll auction one on e-bay.

> Another one is on its way. May the Lord preserve us from nagging
> alt/processors!!!!!!!!!

"Nagging alt processors" ? Is there another kind?

> ....we had an offer to publish it from a
> publisher which was part of larger group. Our man turned out to have
> an Olympic medal for incompetence and a world record for telling lies.

Sounds like Hollywood: "Hello, he lied." And tho we surely commiserate,
the concept carries a certain appeal to Americans who have this wistful
stereotype of proper English publishing. I'll add however, that even at
list price & regular binding, the book, with its many illustrations in
color, etc. is a good value. (More to follow in P-F #5.)

Judy