Re: Glass cleaning procedure

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/03/00-01:30:10 PM Z

At 2000/05/03 02:20 PM -0400, Judy wrote:

>On Wed, 3 May 2000, Sil Horwitz wrote:
>
> > At 2000/05/03 01:18 PM -0400, DFStein wrote:
> > >The cleaners sold at optical shops, good for glass and plastic lens and
> > >today's specialty coatings, are also excellent.
> >
> > Not all - some leave a protective coating, which would be detrimental in
> > trying to make an emulsion stick to the glass.
> >

>Sil, I remember that a while back you recommended Corning Glass Cleaner,
>and someone on the list (Katharine maybe) had used it & also endorsed.
>It's not good for this? No longer made?

It's good stuff for its purpose - wonderful for cleaning trays and such.
But it does leave a non-reactive silicone deposit which would not be good
for a surface to be coated with emulsion. But it's great for cleaning
counter tops, glass utensils, any kind of photo tray, etc.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org
silh@earthlink.net