Re: Glass cleaning procedure

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/04/00-10:34:32 AM Z

At 2000/05/04 10:09 AM -0600, Bob Wierwrote:
>The Bon Ami site
>
>http://www.faultless.com/Products.asp?DepartmentA=Home+Products&theProd=Bon
>+Ami+Cleaning+Cake+and+Bon+Ami+Cleaning+Powder
>
>is claiming to have the original formula still available ("Hasn't scratched
>yet") and they say it's ok for glass, and they mention that it's recommended
>by allergists.
>
>It could be that they have another product out, though, which isn't
>as benign.

Yes. The Bon Ami Cleaning Cake they claim to be the original, benign
product, whereas the stuff in cans - Bon Ami Cleanser - is (as I said
previously) a conventional product not for cleaning glass. Bad decision, I
think, on their part to name them so similarly.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org
silh@earthlink.net