Re: Cyanotype Questions

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/07/00-10:57:10 PM Z

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Maylee Noah wrote:

> I mixed up a batch of the traditional formula too and tested both on a
> variety of papers. Ware's formula has a much richer dmax but the traditional
> formula was less finicky about what paper I used. Crane's platinotype was

Maylee, you seem a likely prospect to resolve the question still hanging
in air: Did you doublecoat the traditional formula and give it an acid
bath on the order of the acid bath for the "new"? I'm told either or both
stategies can bring the traditional formula close to the new in d-max...

Still wondering,

Judy