RE: Zero pinhole camera

erobkin@uwc.edu
Date: 05/08/00-09:03:16 AM Z

If you shine a beam of light through a pinhole the image you get has
alternating rings of dark and light because of interference phenomena. A
zone plate is an idealized version of those images with the dark rings made
completely opaque and the light rings as clear as possible. Because of
interference actions light shining through the zone plate behaves like it is
going through a pinhole but the amount of light is increased.

Much detail and technical tradeoffs between pinholes and zone plates left
out.

More detail on line under a zone plate search.

ER