Re: Still learning Pt/Pd

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/10/00-12:52:45 PM Z

Nick, It may also be in the contact between your negative and paper. RC paper is quite smooth. I flaw i see quite often with students of platinum printing is to make negatives that have the correct range but fail to properly expose and develop the film to hold
the detail in the shadows. As Kerik points out, if the shadow areas don't have a long enough scale, they will block up. I have seen this with beginning students of digital negatives as well.

EJ Neilsen

--
Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9