Develping 4x5's while traveling

From: Amy Cutting (amos1979@home.com)
Date: 05/10/00-09:54:16 AM Z

Here's a good one you guys. I've got a friend who's going to Mexico and
Africa (lucky boy!) for a few months. What with the high humidity and the
less than ideal conditions for film he'll be in, I'd say he ought to develop
over there. Anyone know of a good method of developing in the field? He's a
pyro fanatic (thank you Gordon!) and would like to use that but I'm
wondering how ecological it would be to take over there if we even could get
it through customs. Cyanotypes would probably be a nice easier method for
him to use rather than platinum since he's never done either. They've all
been doing photogravures up at the college. Thanks, Amy Cutting