Re: chemistry question

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/10/00-02:43:28 PM Z

> Joe wrote:
> ... what is the actual yield from the reduction of platinum
> and palladium? ... After
> reduction in aqua regia, how many grams of palladium chloride well be
> had from one gram of palladium metal?

This is not the answer to your question, but rather a sound
alternative. I have found it much easier to purchase the K2PtCl4 and
PdCl2 directly from a manufacturer such as Engelhard Corporation.

Making K2PtCl4 can be tricky and result in an unwanted
byproduct/contaminant of K2PtCl6.

PdCl2 is purchased and mix with an appropriate alkaline salt when
needed. One reason is that the double salts are very hydrophilic
(absorbing moisture) making storage and weighing difficult.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/