Re: Cyanotype Questions

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/11/00-11:13:15 AM Z

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Fred P. Arnold wrote:
> I've tried vinegar or filtered lemon juice to acidify my wash water, and
> it helps it to clear but also lengthens the scale. I've been eating the
> price of the distilled since (1) my water periodically leaves an
> unpleasant burning feeling in the back of my throat, so I have to filter
> it but wonder what else is lurking in there, and (2) I have a pomegranate
> tree that despises lime-heavy water (even filtered), and needs either
> distilled or rainwater. With no porch, distilled it is, so some is
> always on hand.

Have you thought of distilling your own? There seem to be modestly priced
units... But I wish I could send you some... friend using my darkroom has
the dehumidifier going, maybe half gallon a day of what is apparently
distilled water goes down the drain. I'd be leery of using it to mix
chemicals (any info out there?), but your pomegranate tree might like it.

Judy