Re: another question

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/15/00-12:56:07 PM Z

On Sun, 14 May 2000, garimo wrote:

> >garimo wrote:
>
> Oh...It doesn't focus as newer enlargers do, it doesn't have a focus
> knob. It has the lens mounted into a threaded brass tube that one
> manually turns to decrease or increase distance, so I have to be able
> to reach it.
> I did receive information... that B&H sells a
> >Patterson grain focuser that is 14'' high
> This sounds like the closest solution so far.

Another approach that might work is to use a front-surfaced mirror. This
sits on the baseboard with enlarger head at regular height, the image
falls on that & is reflected to the paper mounted on a conveniently
located wall.

Probably not as sharp as direct exposure, tho maybe from 5x7 you have
sharp to spare ???

Judy