Re: another question

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 05/15/00-02:13:48 PM Z

>Another approach that might work is to use a front-surfaced mirror. This
>sits on the baseboard with enlarger head at regular height, the image
>falls on that & is reflected to the paper mounted on a conveniently
>located wall.
>
>Probably not as sharp as direct exposure, tho maybe from 5x7 you have
>sharp to spare ???
Hi Judy,
I love all the possibilities. And I see how this how easily this one
could/would work if all the necessities were in place. The main one I
lack is the conveniently located wall. This old 5x7 enlarger was
donated to the community college along with a lot of other things, but
was so heavy (the base is cast iron/steel) several hundred pounds...
and nobody wanted it bad enough to move it until I came along. It was
free for the moving. I set it up between a couple other enlargers and
have just recently started using it with reversed Tmax onto lith film
for making larger negatives. It's a Eastman Autofocus enlarger. It has
some mechanical movements which when it is focused is supposed to keep
it at the same focus as it is raised or lowered. But I think due to
it's age it is necessary to fine tune the focus after it's raised...
and a grain finder that is ten to twelve inches taller than the one I
have now will make the fine tuning so much easier than building another
wall. ;-)

 Hmmm, another idea...the mirror would have to be precisely angled or
the image shape would be distorted... hmmm, distorted... could be cool
too...
garimo