Re: another question

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/15/00-02:57:58 PM Z

garimo wrote:
> ... You seem to love to make things complicated and very involved...

Sorry you don't deem my suggested offerings helpful. Perhaps others
may. I offered them because they ARE both simple ways to accomplish
focusing when the knob is out of reach. I have seen both in use by
others (as homemade and commercially purchased). I've even used a lasso
of duct tape before installing a rope and pulley (now that's got to be
SIMPLE). And certainly one of the most simple ways to position
something up and down is with a laboratory screw jack. I was conveying
some economical and simple alternatives to motors or optics.

I did NOT claim any preference for any of the methods as all can work
within their own restrictions. I certainly was not being condescending
when indicating that a possibly expensive piece of equipment may offer
only a limited shortening of the reach to the focus knob. Even a
motorized, electronic auto focus system could be employed (now that
might be considered unnecessarily complicated).

> ... getting a
> used extended grain focusing tool from a ex-5X7 printer seems to be
> this lazy mans simplest choice...

That's one of the nice things about this list, that someone out there
happened to have exactly what you were looking for.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/