Re: Ferrotyping Alt. Prints. (original question)

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 05/17/00-07:36:50 AM Z

> No, the sizing absolutely withstands the wet-processes, even at
> higher temperatures. For sizing I use 1:30 to 1:20.

Hi Andre,

What particular paper did you use with this sizing? I am wondering if the
paper already has enough internal sizing so a thin coat of acrylic is enough.
I have used acrylic also but on more absorbent printmaking paper (Lenox, for
example), and I found that 1:10, one coat is not enough. Two coats work very
nice for me. Three coats is a guarantee for beautifully clean, white
highlight, but it seems like it is starting to close up the tooth and the
paper also starts to feel "plastic."

Also, how do you apply the size? by dipping, brush, sponge?

Thanks in advance for your sharing!

Dave Soemarko