Re: off topic: medium format cameras

GIWINTER@aol.com
Date: 05/19/00-03:14:40 AM Z

4 Years ago I was hunting around for a MF system to upgrade to, and after
much hunting and trying ended up with the Bronica SQ-Ai, couple of backs,
mixed len's etc and I would recommend it to anyone.

I tried the Hassie and the Bronica for some time before I decided and
couldn't really distinguish between them, (I think its going to be down to
personal choice) but decided on the Bronica because the lenses and backs I
was most likely to use was available for both of them and I wasn't likely to
ever want some of the exotic attachments available for the Hassie.

The SQ A is a 6 x 6 camera like the Hassie but the quality of the lenses is
much better than the smaller ETRSi (6 x 4,5). I choose it because I wanted
to do weddings in landscape orientation but also portrait's in portrait
orientation without having to hold the camera on its side, but without
resorting to the bigger Mamaya with the revolving 6 x 7 back. Again this is
personal choice so I expect quite a comments saying I'm being fussy.

Either way I think you will be happy with the results compared with 35 mm

Have fun. Guy