Re: photo history lecture

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 11/03/00-04:06:29 PM Z

>>Anyone who read "Last Exit to Brooklyn," which predated Maplethorpe by
>>fifteen or twenty years, knew the subculture existed. They just had no
>>particular interest in seeing it and, having seen it, wish they hadn't.

Goes back even farther. I have seen Stereocards that depict homosexual
love, and I have seen a few privately printed Victorian Valentines that
elude to homosexual love. I think you will find references in literature
that go back even further.

It upset people then as it does now. Personally, I do not want to see it
photographed.

My opinion here.

Bob