photo history lecture

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 11/02/00-09:39:11 AM Z

Off topic, so please email me off list. I am interested in knowing, off the
top of your head, the five photographers you would choose who greatly
affected the medium, *either visually or technically*. I know it is way
more than 5, but I am giving a lecture on what I am terming a "crash course
in the history of photography", one or two class periods, for photo
non-majors who will never take a photo history class probably, and who
probably will yawn through any kind of history lecture in the first place.
Thus I want the lecture to have spunk (that means I probably will include
Mapplethorpe, Judy, whom you find brilliant??) I have narrowed a list, of
whom I would choose, to 23, which is ridiculous. What is especially
interesting to me is to view this theme from an international perspective,
so that I am not caught in a US centered viewpoint. And also, for instance,
who has been most responsible for this turn back to alt process? If you
have just one idea, or 30, I'm game. I've got 4 or 5 already from a friend,
but won't mention them to sway your opinion.
Chris