Egos and postings

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/04/00-04:28:28 PM Z

The recent discussion of the need for tranquilizers by list members
prompts me to suggest that it is possible to disagree with someone's
post without resorting to slurs, slander, name-callng, nasty remarks
or other rude and impolite remarks.

This is a list primarly of artists who have big egos. Its necessary
in art to like your own work first. We should expect disagreement
especially about technique in relation to the alternative processes
where there is limited literature and a lot of just plain wrong stuff
kicking around.

Its not necessary to demean a person in order to disagree with them.
Just say that you do not agree and proceed to explain why you do not
agree. Making uncalled for remarks will not strengthen your argument.

We don't need tranquilizers. We just need to be more considerate
of other list members and more tolerent of their opinions.
BTW while I'm on that subject, for those of you who are tired of
the occasional off-topic theme, there is a button labeled "delete"
that can be used effectively.

There arn't that many alternative process printers in the world.
You would think that we would try harder to get along.

My two cents,

Bob Schramm