Re: inkjet negs?

From: Peter Hanley (illovich@home.com)
Date: 11/04/00-07:28:47 PM Z

> Has anyone tried making enlarged negs with one of the new inkjet printers? It
> would be a real boost if it could be done... If anyone has any links to some
> info on this I'd appreciate it!

We've been using an Epson 3000 to make paper negatives in the alt proc class
I'm taking at Temple U.. It seems to work pretty well, but we're still
ironing out all of the details.

I think Dan Burkholder's book has some info on this process, and includes
curves you can apply to your negatives.

The main thing (besides an already good negative image) is paper that the
sun can actually get through pretty easily (good for avoiding those 2 hour
exposure times), like the Epson Photo-Quality Ink Jet Paper (not the
glossy).

Sorry I don't have any links. The main problem I'm having is getting the
bottom shadow tones deep enough without losing my highlights, but I feel
like the answer s keeping the negative thin enough. I think this is why the
suggestion has been made to print the negative out in a sort of orange
scale...