TWO THINGS

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 11/04/00-10:41:30 PM Z

DEAR LIST,
    Firstly, has anyone ever heard of "thinking outside the box" and saying
"impossible" to the request for a list of five photographers that were most
influential? Yes, my opinion, but I believe it is a discredit to the medium
to even ask, let alone suggest, that it is possible to represent the medium
that we all love so PASSIONATELY (as attested to by the vehemence of
postings) by the work of only five. Yes, I also teach photography, and yes,
I give photo history lectures but I also say, "No" to the administration
when they suggest that I do something which will not demonstrate proper
respect for the medium that has been my life for the last 40 years and will
continue to be for many more. I believe you all picked up an impossible
challenge with the best intentions but never asked yourselves...is this what
I would want to represent my medium? Or are the list members more
interested in spouting off than facing the truth? Obviously a rhetorical
question...yes? Which brings me to:
    Secondly, I have only been on this list for about 18 months and
witnessed MANY of these contentious discussions where they degenerate into
personal sniping. Co-incidentally, I have also been undergoing vitamin and
herbal therapy to remove the metal ions and benzene derivatives from my
system which, I fear, we all have acquired from working with photographic
processes. Yes, I have used gloves, respirators and hoods where required
but the problem is more insidious. The symptoms are irritability,
aggravation and aggressiveness...sound familiar? Since taking N-Acetyl
Cysteine or L-Cysteine, milk thistle, and chlorophyll my mood has calmed
greatly and I find my self less contentious. I recommend that anyone who
has been using photographic chemistry, alt or mainstream, seriously consider
having tests to see the extent of build up in their liver, kidneys, and
fatty tissues and consider the therapy of their choice. I have used the
vitamin/herbal one because it is noninvasive and has been very effective.
Sadly much of the behavior on this list reads like textbook descriptions of
the symptoms.
    Now, please, as usual, ignore my posting and carry on with the personal
sniping and off topic acrimony.
                                    CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
                                            BOB KISS