Re: variables testing

From: J. Wayde Allen (wallen@lug.boulder.co.us)
Date: 11/07/00-04:03:11 PM Z

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Judy Seigel wrote:

> It's probably a character flaw, but if I don't understand something,
> before I admit that I'm stupid or lazy, I tend to wonder if it's been
> adequately explained.

Fair enough. I honestly had pretty much decided there wasn't much point
in continuing this discussion. However, you and Katherine both offered
very reasonable replies today, and I agree with Katherine that one can
certainly misuse a tool.

I'll take a look at your paper testing example when I get the chance.
With Katherine's help I'm sure we can demonstrate the basic idea. I'm a
research engineer/metrologist, not a statistician. Right now I've got to
get some work done in the lab.

- Wayde
  (wallen@lug.boulder.co.us)