Re: Buxton paper

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 11/10/00-08:03:28 PM Z

Randall Webb wrote:

> The main problem with exporting Buxton paper is one of cost. Silverprint
> say they have a lot of enquiries from the US for small quantities (10
> sheets or so) but at $US8per sheet
> plus $20 for shipping people lose interest. Purcell had an offer from
> someone in the US to import mill packs (100 sheets) but nothing came of it
> as far as we know.
> Does this make sense?
> I think Buxton is one of the best papers for DOP palladium. I can't be
> bothered with POP and platinum.
> I haven't tried it with cyanotype but Judy has spurred me into action so I
> will get round to trying it.
>
> Regards
> Randall

Yes, paper is light as a sheet but weighs a good amount as a package of
100,
250, or 500 sheets. It also need to be wrapped quite well as it is
quite
fragile. I would think that a distributor such as AW Crestwood would be
a possibility (or even Photographers Formulary, Artcraft, B&S). If it
works, and I know it does, than a small marketing program should be
enough to make it work. Just a few thoughts. The pure silver group is
putting together a meeting some where in England ( possible Scotland) I
haven't paid much attention as I don't plan on getting over there just
for that, but you might be interested.

Cheers

EJ Neilsen

--