Re: pyro, densitomters and life

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 11/17/00-09:56:35 PM Z

Joe,

When one reads a stained negative with a color densitometer the
silver density is read without a filter, the silver plus stain
density is read with the blue channel. For most alternative processes
the reading that counts most is that which measures total density,
i.e. silver plus stain. This will be the higher reading. The
difference between the two readings will vary depending on the total
density range of the negative but for negatives with a DR of about
1.6 the difference will approach or exceed log 0.4.

Sandy King