Re: direct positive

From: Tadeuz Jalocha (tjalocha@netexpress.cl)
Date: 11/20/00-10:53:52 PM Z

Hello Liam,

It's very strange, you say that dichromate stains when you unse it for
paper reversal?
The first reversal experiments i did were made on Ilford Ilfospeed some
time ago. And i can say, that i got some really nice negs from negs. No
stain at all. I remember that i needed to double the normal exposure to
get clean whites.

1. dev.:
        Dektol 1+2
        1.5 min @ 20 celsius

2: Bleach:
        Dichromate 10%
        Sulfuric A. 10%
        Dilute 1+19 to use ONCE!
        5 min @ 20 Celsius

3: Sulfite:
        50 gr/l
        1 min @ 20 Celsius
--------------------- Light --------

4: Dev: same as above

Note. I didīnt unse any halide solvent in the 1st dev. If you dont use
the sulfite bath, very interesting pseudosolarisation-like effects may
occure....

Tell me what kind of stain you are getting.

And yes, some time ago i had the idea of using inmediately after the
1.dev a sepia developer and then a common color Blix to convert the B/W
reversal process into a true 3 step process. It has the advantage of no
dichromate...

Tadeuz