Re: direct positive

From: Liam Lawless (lawless@ic24.net)
Date: 11/21/00-10:04:49 PM Z

Hi Taduez,

That was meant to be a private message to Judy and I wasn't aware it had
gone to the list. Sorry everyone!

However, I get staining - grey-brown in what should be the white tones - on
Ilford Warmtone, fibre-base - perhaps plastic papers are OK, but I don't use
them! What I'm trying to do is get reversed prints, not so much for use as
paper negs, but as final images - on Ilford WT FB if possible. My
"brilliant idea" did not work as well as hoped, but I'm also exploring other
avenues.

So, I suspect that dichromate bleach is incompatible with WT FB, and maybe
all fibre base papers. But your remark about omitting the clearing bath is
interesting, and may persuade me to buy some Ilfospeed.

Thanks for your input.

Liam